By: CBN | 4/24/12
Before we get down to our latest projected field of 64, here are a couple of notes:
– With their big series win over LSU last weekend, Kentucky is our new top seed, bumping Florida St. down to the second spot.
– Baylor continues to move up the ranks thanks to their winning streak. They move up two spots to #3.
– For the first time, Purdue has found a spot in one of the coveted national seeds.
– Despite dropping two of three this past weekend, both LSU and North Carolina hold on to a spot in the top eight.
– Arizona makes its debut as a host team.
– The ACC keeps its nine teams from last weeks' projection, as does the SEC with its eight teams.
Here it is:
|LAST FIVE IN: Ohio St., SE Louisiana, Mississippi St., Stetson, Oklahoma|
FIRST FIVE OUT: Elon, Texas St., Southern California, Tennessee, Maryland
– By conference, the projected field of 64 breaks down like this (* denotes conference champion):
Atlantic 10: Rhode Island*
Atlantic Coast: Florida St.*, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Virginia, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Miami, FL., Clemson, North Carolina St.
Atlantic Sun: South Carolina-Upstate*
Big 10: Purdue*, Ohio St.
Big 12: Baylor*, Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma
Big East: South Florida*, Louisville
Big South: Coastal Carolina*
Big West: Cal St. Fullerton*
C-USA: Central Florida*, Rice, East Carolina
Horizon: Wright St.*
Independent: Dallas Baptist
Ivy League: Cornell*
Metro Atlantic: Manhattan*
Mid-American: Kent St.*
MEAC: Delaware St.*
Missouri Valley: Missouri St.*, Indiana St.
Mountain West: TCU*
Ohio Valley: Austin Peay St.*
Pac 12: UCLA*, Arizona, Stanford, UCLA, Oregon St., Oregon
SEC: Kentucky*, Florida, LSU, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi St.,
Southern: College of Charleston*, Appalachian St.
Southland: Sam Houston St.*, SE Louisiana, Texas-Arlington
SWAC: Jackson St.*
Summit: Oral Roberts*
Sun Belt: Florida Atlantic*
West Coast: San Diego*, Pepperdine
WAC: New Mexico St.*
Any questions or comments about this projection is welcome and encouraged. Speak your mind via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through twitter (@CB__Nation).