By: CBN | 4/17/12
With last weekend's college baseball action in the books and all of the important formulas tabulated, it's as good of time as any to put out another regional projection. Since there is still a month of regular season ball left to be played followed by the conference tournaments, what looks like a competent field of 64 this week could be laughable the next. Regardless, we try our best to give an accurate projection. But first some headlines:
– Florida St. and Kentucky remain the top two seeds.
– Stanford loses its national seed after dropping last week's series to an Oregon club who debuts as a host team this week.
– Baylor's winning streak catapults them to the number five national seed.
– The ACC leads all conferences with nine bids. The SEC follows with eight, three of which are national seeds.
– For the mid-major fans, the Southern Conference is represented fairly well with three teams, as do the West Coast Conference, and Conference USA.
– Once again, Dallas Baptist carries the flag for the independent clubs.
Here it is:
|LAST FIVE IN: Southeastern Louisiana, Mississippi St., George Mason, Ohio St., Louisville|
FIRST FIVE OUT: UT-Arlington, Oklahoma, Southern California, Belmont, Tennessee
– By conference, the projected field of 64 breaks down like this (* denotes conference champion):
America East: Maine*
Atlantic 10: Rhode Island*
Atlantic Coast: Florida St.*, Maryland, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Clemson, North Carolina, Miami, North Carolina St., Virginia Tech
Atlantic Sun: Belmont*
Big 10: Purdue*, Ohio St.
Big 12: Baylor*, Texas, Texas A&M
Big East: South Florida*, Louisville
Big South: Liberty*
Big West: Cal St. Fullerton*
Colonial: UNC-Wilmington*, George Mason
C-USA: Rice*, Central Florida, East Carolina
Horizon: Wright State*
Independent: Dallas Baptist
Ivy League: Cornell*
Metro Atlantic: Canisius*
Mid-American: Kent St.*
MEAC: Delaware St.*
Missouri Valley: Indiana St.*, Missouri St.
Mountain West: TCU*
Ohio Valley: Austin Peay St.*
Pac 12: UCLA*, Oregon, Arizona, Stanford, Oregon St.
SEC: Kentucky*, Florida, LSU, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi St.
Southern: College of Charleston*, Appalachian St., Elon
Southland: Sam Houston St.*, Southeastern Louisiana
SWAC: Jackson St.*
Summit: North Dakota St.*
Sun Belt: Florida Atlantic*
West Coast: San Diego*, Gonzaga, Pepperdine
WAC: New Mexico St.*
Any questions or comments about this projection is welcome and encouraged. Speak your mind via email (email@example.com) or through twitter (@CB__Nation).